Ramblings of a Very Unskilled Programmer
Here you'll find some samples code from my first years of
playing with Perl and Linux. There are some things you should know:
- I refuse to use "clever" programming techniques that reduce
the byte count at the cost of readability. If you need to reduce the
size of your punch-card stack, you are welcome to use shortcuts but
don't expect to see a lot of implicit variables and tricks in my code.
- Some of these examples exhibit bad programming techniques,
use them at your own risk. However I think you will find them all
- I welcome help in improving the structure and performance
of the code. Please E-mail me.
- These are put in the public domain to help repay some of
the people that have done the same for me. If you can use something
here, great. Please let me know how they work out.
What you will find here:
- Cellmail -- Send a summary message to your cell phone when
you get new E-mail.
- sshblack -- Automatic BLACKLISTing to block
SSH-weak-password hack attempts. Currently at Version 2.8.1
- DAVBlack -- Automatic BLACKLISTing for various attacks
against your webserver.
- Bigfish -- Analyze your tarpit guests and prepare LART
messages for heavy-hitters.
- Cleaner -- Clean (obfuscate) your SPAM before you submit it
to SpamCop or send a LART.
- Log Cleaners -- Tiny code snippets used to parse
web/mail/ftp logs to sift out all the insignificant stuff.
- StockChecker -- A very simple application of Finance::Quote
to make a CGI page and E-mail autoresponder to generate stock quotes
for things like Blackberry handhelds and cell phones.
- Airraid -- Simulate or fake multiple wireless access points with a single wireless card in your PC.
- Sendmail Dynamic -- Configuring the Sendmail program to
work behind a dynamic address ISP
- Sendmail Relay -- Configuring the Sendmail program to work
as a relay on an internal network
- Firewall Config -- Something probably everyone already
knows. How to set up an iptables firewall in Linux
- Spam Assassin Rules -- Some simple rules for Spam Assassin
that are updated depending on the spam du jour
- BackTrack Notes -- Running BackTrack from your USB flash
drive and some notes on the BackTrack penetration testing distribution
- Yet Another Movie Jukebox (YAMJ) -- Configuration notes and tips
for getting YAMJ running with your Popcorn Hour Media Player
- Yet Another Movie Jukebox (YAMJ) With Multiple Libraries -- Configuration notes and tips
for running YAMJ with multiple libraries
GO! Choose from the menu at the right to go to the code.
Specific Geek Pages